Ask: Would you please clarify last week's article?

           “…In the first paragraph are you saying, you felt guilty in thinking that free will is a thing when it is not?

…What do you mean you never made special relationships? Was it until you realized that all relationships are special/valuable that you now feel that you’ve made many special relationships over your lifetime?

Or special=romantic but that is a thing you are allowed to miss because it exists as another opportunity to be the only thing that exists, love.” – AD

           Yes, I meant in the first paragraph of last week’s article that I found hidden guilt in the idea of free will. I was using the term free will as it is commonly used—freedom to choose to oppose or align with Truth (God)—not as it is, an extension of God’s Will.

As A Course in Miracles points out, will can only truly be free as it is. So, I could only ever have an illusion of free will, in which state the Course addressed me. I wrote the article because now I see this, too.

What I meant when I said all relationships are holy and I never made special relationships is that the idea that Love can be distorted into something It is not is a belief of ego, not a fact. So, the idea behind the term special relationship belongs to ego. Again, the Course was meeting me where I was. It showed me not what I had in fact done, but what I believed I had done in ego-consciousness. All expressions of Love are Love, no matter what else ego may tack onto them to obscure Love. Nothing had actually occurred.

>>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog. 

Comments

will said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
will said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
will said…
Sorry for the deletes. I just need to stay out of this.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom