Ask: Should I focus on waking up and minimize everything else?

 “My study of ACIM seems to take me to the logical conclusion that most of what I do in my days is without significance. I mean the only true purpose is to wake up to reality, the world as I experience it is an illusion that is to be forgiven, but certainly not embraced. Yet in other places of the text I acquire the impression that there is a plan, a purpose for me. By ‘me’ I don’t refer to ego, rather to me as a spirit, an expression of God. Would you say the most correct understanding is to, as much as I am able, to focus on understanding what keeps me from waking up? All the rest to be minimized? That there is no other purpose or plan I would give attention to?” - RP

 

You are correct that what occurs in the material experience is without significance. The material unfolding is merely an effect, or expression, of what occurs in your mind. So, your material life is the least significant aspect of consciousness as it is pure effect and has no consequence.

 You are also correct that you play a part in the “plan” of the Atonement (correction of the perception of separation from God). The Atonement occurs in your mind. But this plan is not to bring the Atonement about. Rather, it is an expression of the Atonement that has already occurred. The Atonement is always unfolding perfectly. Whatever you are moved to do in your mind is part of it.

 As what you attend to grows in your awareness, instead of focusing on what keeps you from “waking up”, instead bring your mind back to this moment with Spirit. When obstacles to Spirit arise, bring them to Spirit to look at them.

 Of course, whether you do this or not, and the extent to which you do if you do, is your part in the Atonement!

>>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog.

Comments

will said…
Set a time for study and/or prayer then get out of the house and have some fun. Jesus will be glad to get out and get some sun with you.
will said…
Isolation with the Course is not sustainable.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom