Spirit, the Bridge

          Over a decade ago, I realized the Enlightened Mind was already here, whole and complete, within me. But the person continued to play a part in the world and seemed to still be in a process. I still had a sense of a part of me striving for Enlightenment.

I did not know it at the time, but my identity had unconsciously shifted from a figure in a dream to the dreamer of a dream. And while the part of my mind in a process still dominated, I had become aware of the split in my mind in an ongoing way.

What I did not know then that I know now is the idea of me that still seemed in a process was simply the expression of a predetermined role in the Atonement, the correction of the perception of separation from God, the story of time and consciousness,. And the sense of striving was ego. It merely tagged along with its own agenda, reaching for something it could never attain. More importantly, neither was me. Only the Enlightened Mind was me.

Last week I wrote about the discomfort of the final passage of coming out of the delusion of identifying with the person, which is what ego is. At the end I said that having done so, I now realize I was never delusional and do not emerge from it. The delusion and coming out of it and discovering my Self as Spirit are the illusion of consciousness!

God is beyond consciousness. Christ is the label for the part of God we can be aware of in consciousness. Spirit is Christ’s Extension, the Essence or Idea of God, in consciousness. It is the Bridge in consciousness between ego and Christ. It sees consciousness and knows it is an illusion. As It is in consciousness, It, too is an illusion. All that is real of Spirit is Its Source, Christ.

Coming out of delusion was disorienting. But emerging as Spirit has also been confusing, precisely because of Its role as Bridge. There is still something in me in a process, coming out of delusion, discovering its Self is Spirit. This is what I labeled the “ego-identifier” a few years ago, the last part of this mind to come out of ego. Yet, I no longer feel it is me or ever was me. I am, in fact, its Teacher and Guide and always have been. When memories of Liz’s former life come, I remember being there, but not as Liz, but as the Observer, the Presence, the Teacher, the Guide. I recognize her memories, but they do not belong to me.

So, I am still involved with the illusion, the story of the Atonement that is time and consciousness. But then I see, as I shared at the end of last week’s article, that I am not dealing with anything real. It is just a story, an idea, an illusion. And I realize my Source, Christ, is my Reality beyond consciousness.

 

>>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog.

Comments

will said…
Last week in the shower the Holy Spirit showed up as a thought in my mind. I was raised in a religious environment where sin was King. I thought I had put all that behind me 60 years ago. But no, with this visit I could see I had been living my life under religious doctrine. It was a sudden awakening. I went to the text to find out how to deal with this. It also came to me that forgiveness to God for all the misery he hadn’t caused was in order. A single apology wouldn’t do although it is the starting place. I opened myself up to God to walk me through the forgiveness.
will said…
Forgiving God

T-Part II, Final Lessons Introduction, P.485

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom