The Real World Slowly Takes Over

           My recent articles have dealt with my realization that I am not only not experiences but I am not the experiencer, either. I was only caught up in her story. The hook for me was not her experiences but my awareness of her experiencing. When she was young and heard that in college philosophy classes students were asked to fill out "I ____ therefore I am” she thought she would have put “I experience, therefore I am.” What further proof did she—or I—need of her existence? Later, she believed in God because of her mystical experiences of God. It sure seemed to me she was real.

What threw me, however, was the awareness that I never misidentified with the experiencer. But certainly, I had? Yet several experiences showed me this was not so. I had been absorbed in her story but I never “went there.”

What is fascinating is this “I” (mind) has not moved. Instead, things have moved around me. Since Spirit broke through Liz’s (the experiencer’s) story and her experience of existence shifted, I’ve been aware Liz’s life was not mine. When it came time to dismantle her life, I felt I was taking apart someone else’s life, someone who had “died.” I remember that former life, but now from the position of Presence, Teacher, Guide. So I am, in fact, Spirit. All experiences were the experiencer’s and never mine. Being aware of and absorbed in her passing story was not the same as identifying with her.

When the idea of not-God arose and was simultaneously undone, experiencers arose as the illusory condition in which opposition to God could play out. But the Idea of God was in the illusion, too, undoing it, as Christ and Christ’s extension in the illusion, Spirit. Part of Spirit seemed blocked by experiencers and part of Spirit was in the illusion as Presence, Teacher, and Guide to experiencers.

My mistake was thinking the experiencer was blocked Spirit because I (blocked Spirit) was so absorbed in her story. This led to my expectation that the experiencer would come to discover she was Spirit. Instead, I (Spirit) emerged from behind her story and discovered she is a total illusion. I do not experience, I See. Liz’s story was like a screen dropped between me and my Self (Christ/Spirit)…

 

This is where it falls apart for me now. As I reach this point in an article conceptualizing the past, what I find coming out of me is:

 

”…making it seem I was blocked. But I never was because my Self was always here. Not only could Liz not be my identity, I also could never misidentify with her. The reality of Christ—my reality, my identity—prevented that. Christ cannot be deceived, so neither can I.”

 

In other words, it never happened. As soon as I shift to my True Identity, this is what I see.

This shift while writing happened a few weeks ago when I wrote about coming out of delusion and ended by saying I never had been delusional. What? Where did that come from? It in essence wiped out the article I’d just written. What was going on? From there, I had more experiences that led to my awareness of the experiencer as something quite apart from me. She had been delusional, believing the illusion was real and she was an autonomous entity. And now further, I See I had never misidentified, been lost, or blocked by the experiencer.

This time I thought I’d share the dissolving as it happened. As the real world emerges more and more, I can’t hold onto a past that never happened. Concepts and parsing things up are simply unnecessary in the real, cohesive world. And I seem to be seeing not just that the false world is not part of the real world, but in the real world it never happened. There are no satisfactory concepts for illusion because it is illusion. Any attempt to explain it ends up blending Truth and illusion, which returns me to delusion, or making illusion real.

 

>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog.

Comments

will said…
The “Experiencer” as an Instrument of the Holy Spirit.
II. The Law of the Kingdom. T-7.ll

In the context of chapter 7, this short section is one of the most important in the entire text. Progressing to enlightenment depends on it. It covers:

How the student needs to practice seeing the world.
Aligning with “the Thought of God.”
Projecting the Holy Spirit.
That the Laws of God have been adapted to the circumstances of this world.
“What you project you will believe.”
The Holy Spirit as translator of the Laws of God, not you.
This is the beginning of Forgiveness.
will said…
I have struggled with the idea of seeing the Holy Spirit in others. Nothing was happening. The ego cried ‘phony’ when I tried it.

For me the importance of the above section is the course saying how you start doesn’t matter, “it never changes the meaning.” Wherever you start, however you start projecting the Holy Spirit to other people the Holy Spirit meets you there and will instruct you and bring back the memory of your Real Identity. But you have to ‘do it’ to get it.

It took a couple of days of close reading for the section to sink in. Listen for Jesus teaching you.
will said…
Embrace with acceptance where you currently are in the Course. Dissatisfaction and congratulations, you have just blocked Those that are trying to guide you.
will said…
When the idea of not-God arose it was undone in infinity but not in the dream. The idea of not-God was not being undone at the time of the separation. God would not undo what the Son of God created. They are equals in creation. The idea of not God being simultaneously undone was potential only (the inclusion of the Holy Spirit). In A Course In Miracles Jesus takes responsibility for the Atonement taking it from potential to possibility.

At least that is how I read the Course.
will said…
Jesus constantly warns us about separation. He repeats over and over He would have us see our brothers as our saviors. This is not something the ego will ever go along with.
ACIM Mentor said…
Remember, Will, in ACIM, "creation" means "extension", not to "bring into being" as we usually use the word. The Son of God did not create the separation. That was made. God and the Son of God as equals in creation does not refer to anything brought into being, or made, like the separation. It's another way of saying in God there is only God.

Separation from God is impossible. This is what the idea of it being simultaneously undone means. It is not potential. It is what occurred. So time - or what seems like the idea of separation - is really the Atonement, the undoing of the idea of separation. It has belonged to the Holy Spirit from the beginning. Jesus arrived at his predetermined time to bring the Atonement to conscious awareness. Two millenia later, ACIM came to be part of the "celestial speedup", etc.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom