About Doing the Lessons Again...

             As another year is about to start, I know many begin the Workbook of A Course in Miracles over again. But remember:

 

“The training period is one year.” (W-in.2)

 

While I suggest students read the Workbook if they are so moved, I remind them they do not have to do the lessons over again. Because as the Workbook says about the last five lessons (underline is mine):

 

“Let us turn to Him Who leads the way and makes our footsteps sure. To Him we leave these lessons, as to Him we give our lives henceforth.” (T-fl.in.1)

 

It can be uncomfortable to leave behind structure you can see in the form of words in a book and turn to an unstructured relationship with immaterial Spirit. But moving from identifying with the material world to immaterial Spirit is the very journey you are on! So, after a mind-training period of one year, in which you learn of Spirit from a book, you are asked to take a leap of faith. If you are concerned that it is you that you cannot trust, remember you are asked to put your trust in Spirit, not in yourself. You cannot go wrong.

If anything, you may want to start each day with the final lesson, if not these exact words, then this attitude, and open your mind for a few minutes:

 

“This holy instant would I give to You.

Be You in charge. For I would follow You,

Certain that Your direction gives me peace.”

(Lessons 361-365)

 

That is all you need to do. And you can trust this.

So, if you have been leaning on the Workbook, keep in mind this can hold you back. Perhaps this new year is the time to take that leap of faith.

 

>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and indicate that you want it answered in this newsletter/blog.

Comments

nicci said…
once again, your message is exactly timed to the tune, the inner song Guidance is quietly singing to me...

in deep gratitude, n
will said…
The Ancient Love
Helen writes to Jesus 1974
_____________________________________________________
Love, You are silent. Not one shining word
Has reached my heart for an eternity
Of waiting and of tears. I have forgot
Your face that once was everything to me,
But now is almost nothing. What You were
I do but half remember. What You are
I do not know at all. What You will be
Is unimagined. Sometimes I believe
I knew You once. And then again I think
You were a dream that once I thought was real.

My eyes are closing, Love. Without Your Word
I will but sleep, and sleeping will forget
Even the dream. Is silence what You gave
In golden promise as the Son of God?
Is this bleak unresponsive shadowland
The overcoming that You offered those
Who understood the Father through the Son?
Is endless distance what must stand between
My Love and me? You promised that You will
Forever answer. Yet, Love, You are still.
will said…
Like a lot of women in Love, Helen yearns for her Lover while in the same breath remonstrates his lack of attention due to this shadowland he is obsessed with.
will said…
Helen yearns for her Lover while in the same breath remonstrates his lack of attention due to this shadowland he is obsessed with.

(boy did that need correcting:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom