Ask: I feel hoodwinked by ACIM...

           “…If I feel like taking a long break or even not going back to spiritual practice then that is the atonement working through me. …I feel almost angry that I was somehow hoodwinked, yes childish but true.”

 

“Why do you feel hoodwinked?”

 

I think because after doing the lessons in acim I felt like it was a guide to enlightenment.  I felt I could realize it. The lessons do seem to espouse that way of thinking or so I believed.” –email exchange with Anonymous

 

THE Enlightened Mind is here within you now. So what is this other story that you need to reach It but an illusion of you? A Course in Miracles does teach this and offers the holy instant as the way to practice awareness of it. So, your choice is to spin in a story of not being enlightened or to turn this instant to the Enlightened Mind within you.

Not all students read A Course in Miracles the same way. Some of my first articles pointed out that there were students who read the Course as a guide to living better in the world and that there were others, like myself, who read a deeper meaning. I, too, saw it as a guide to Enlightenment. But that is not a universal experience of the Course. There is a reason it was yours. Trust that you felt you could realize Enlightenment and express your trust by practicing the holy instant when ego comes a-doubting.

>>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog.

Comments

will said…
Anonymous,
Congratulations! You learned a lesson that will save you endless grief. Having enlightenment as a goal is the same as having specialness as a goal. The ego rushes in to judge you, your spiritual program, your progress or lack of it and every other facet of your spiritual life it can get to. You already see the unhappiness it is creating.
Good Luck.
will said…
Enlightenment only becomes a problem when the mind makes it into an idol. Which it invariably does.
will said…
How many years did Jesus spend preparing for his ministry...

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom