To Put It Simply...

            My spiritual life has always been simpler than all the concepts I have used over the years make it seem. There were several times on my spiritual path when I felt moved to dump all concepts I had accepted, as well as all I had heard and not accepted, to be led by what has been revealed to me through occurrences and experiences. I do this now.

Recently, several occurrences showed me I am not only not experiences (thoughts, feelings) but I am not the experiencer, either. I am simply here with the experiencer.

Since, I find I am not interested in fussing with concepts so much anymore. I’d rather focus on what is occurring, and describe it in the simplest, most apt terms I can find. I’m not much interested anymore in parsing out what is ego, consciousness, the Son of God, the Dreamer of the dream, etc.

What is before me comes down to this:

 

            Spirit (me)

The experiencer and her experiences of thoughts and feelings

Material appearances

 

I (Spirit) See my Self. This can also be called the golden world (what in my last two articles I called the real world, using the term from A Course in Miracles). The effect is the experiencer experiences thoughts and feelings of liberation, love, happiness, peace, security, and abundance and her material life unfolds easily.

So, what I now understand about the experiencer’s previous experience of existence, what she recently went through, and what is occurring now:

 

The experiencer can be said to be a kind of neutral reactor, producing thoughts and feelings as effects of me (Spirit/reality) or a false idea that opposes my reality. She was never me, nor did I ever mistakenly identify with her. I was always here with her but was (mostly) blocked from Seeing my Self by the idea passing through her that opposed my reality. This made it seem to her that she was an autonomous entity rather than merely a reactive experiencer, so she thought her experiences were reality. And I was her Teacher and Guide when she let me in, helping her deal with the false idea opposing me.

As that false idea opposing me passed out of her, I began to emerge, and the experiencer felt the undoing of her false sense of autonomy as a kind of death. She then had to face coming out of the delusion of her autonomy. (See the experiencer’s memoir.) She is still recovering from that delusion and the habits of autonomy, opposition, and fear it instilled in her. But, in time, her reactions (experiences) will only be effects of me (Spirit) as I am able to fully extend my Self through her.

What this means about you:

Chances are, as you are reading this, the experiencer is before you and its (his/her/their) thoughts and feelings block your awareness of your Self to a great or perhaps diminishing extent. The experiencer and its experiences may seem totally like reality to you, or you may have Seen things that show you reality is Something Else, Which can only be your Self. In any case, the false idea opposing you in the experiencer is at least beginning to pass and you are at least beginning to emerge from behind it. You will See your Self more and more as this occurs.

So, for practice, emphasize Seeing over experiences. Experiences are effects of either Seeing (love, happiness, peace, abundance, security) or opposition to Seeing (guilt and fear in their myriad forms). And, in any case, experiences are not you, even when they are effects of Seeing, and the experiencer is not you, even when its experiences are inspired (of Spirit).

 

>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Beautifully written blog. Thank you 🙏
Deb Baczewski said…
Awesome

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom