To Be Of God

            Watching your mind. Seeing through ego. Staying present. These are things that occur naturally in Spirit-consciousness. Until then, in ego-consciousness, you practice these things to mitigate the discomfort of ego.

When teachers have shifted consciousness, they share these things, and it is almost as though they are saying, “Here, practice this, and you will attain the consciousness I have.” But Spirit-consciousness is not attained. It happens if it is going to happen. No practice brings it about.

Last week, I wrote about being of God. Some want to know how this awareness is practiced, but it is not. This is the realization of Spirit-consciousness.

What I have discovered is that ego-consciousness, or identification with the person/ego, was the manifestation of opposition to God. I could not do anything about that opposition in ego-consciousness but experience it and eventually recognize it. For a long time, I felt it as the 15%, or black box in the corner of my mind, left to be undone. I lived very well with Spirit, rather than as Spirit, with this 15%. I lived with the idea that I was of God rather than manifested the realization.

When I shifted consciousness, I switched positions. Now, opposition to God is the idea and the awareness I am Spirit—I am of God—manifests in my experience. I do not feel I am of or in the world anymore, but rather that it is merely here with me. I simply exist, in the ether, as it were. As this has emerged more and more in my experience, ego has continued to wind down in my mind.

I did not become Spirit. I always was Spirit. Ego was simply an idea I was otherwise. So, I have always been of God, no matter I identified with and manifested opposition to God. And I did nothing to undo this identification. It just fell away in the moment I call The Break. (See A Memoir of Christ: A Student of A Course in Miracles Awakens here).

In many ways, I do not feel any different. Yet, in other ways, I feel in a new dimension. I feel my mind changed, yes, and with it my world, dramatically. Because my world now is no longer the material world. It is not a world visible to the eyes. The material world is simply coinciding with my new world. A new perception and experience of it is still developing.

Guilt, fear, lack, loss—these ideas are still here, too, but diminishing in size and potency.

So, you see, the Spirit you call on for comfort, guidance, and insight in ego-consciousness really is you, whether you shift to It or not. I led a good life with Spirit before I shifted. I cannot recommend living with Spirit enough to those still in ego-consciousness. It seems the only way to any measure of true peace while manifesting a false thought system is to develop trust in What you are in Truth, just as A Course in Miracles teaches. 

>>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog.

 

Comments

will said…
In redoing the lessons at the 170's/180's (in my own words) when you practice the Holy Instant and look with Jesus eyes, the ego thoughts that arise are removed. The Holy Spirit, being unable to force anything on you, uses the vacuum created by this removal to enter that space. Truth does this automatically whenever you create the space. We already have everything, we just need to have the blocks removed.
will said…
"These do not ask for compromise, nor try to make another bargain in the hope that there may yet be one that can succeed where all the rest have failed." L. 185

The egos bargain with the Holy Spirit is I will study hard and be a good student and you will give me what I want (enlightenment).
will said…

If you have been doing the Course for years and are feeling stuck, Do the Lessons. They will speak to you where ever you are in the Course. They have great depth at 15 years. So much more than when you did them starting out.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom