Projection is Attachment

         When I first had Oneness experiences, I would be looking at, say, a pencil, and feel, “I’m one with the pencil.” But as time went on and these experiences were less shocking, I was able to be present to them longer and I realized I did not feel one with the pencil. I felt Oneness and the pencil happened to be there.

It is the same with people. In my first holy relationship experience, I felt I saw my Self reflected in another. This was clearly not seeing with the body’s eyes but perceiving with my mind, as the Self I saw was not this person, and I had the experience even when the other was not present and I was only thinking about her. But in my current holy relationship, I simply see my Self instead of the other. There is no distance as I experience extension of my Self rather than a reflection of my Self.

I never feel I love everyone, as others who have shifted consciousness have described. Instead, I simply feel Love everywhere, no matter who or what is appearing. If I have a powerful Oneness experience, whatever or whomever is before me at the time is incidental to the experience, as Oneness is revealed to be all that is truly here. The timing of the experience is an expression of the Atonement (what appearances are), which the experience of Oneness reveals is nothing more than an idea (appearance).

A Course in Miracles tells us we always look inward before looking outward at the material world. In Spirit, this is obvious. The Oneness experience within extends from me, as described above, seeming to envelope whatever is appearing in the material world, exposing it as only an appearance.

But in ego, extension is denied, leading to projection (projection = extension + denial), so meaning seems to come from the material world. One of my first experiences as Spirit as I was shifting consciousness was what I described as feeling like “a ghost in the world.”  I still perceived the material world, but I was detached from it because I was no longer projecting meaning onto it, so I no longer felt part of it. I felt I was “Elsewhere.” And I was! I always have been. It turns out projection and attachment are the same thing, making the material world seem to be more than an appearance of a passing idea.

So, true detachment from the world is not distancing oneself from what is appearing. True detachment occurs naturally when one is not coming from ego and projecting meaning onto meaningless appearances.

>>>>> 

If you have a question the answer to which you feel may be helpful to others, send it to Liz@acimmentor.com and I will answer it in this newsletter/blog.

Comments

nicci said…
oh my wow. Holy wow. i asked the HS for help with bringing up for release unconscious anger-fear this week and was gently led to recognize that every grievance i have ever experienced is nothing more (or less...) than a denial of God, a realization that brought with it huge relief and deepened sense of union.

the world receded... could all this forgiveness work i have been doing ... words fail.

(and now I have a deeper understanding about what was occurring with that rock a few years ago... experiencing not oneness with the rock, but oneness and the rock just happened to be there, a momentary Darshan...)

in unending gratitude, n
will said…
Blessing/Blessings

The Holy Spirit extending through you to your brothers (the sons of God), and the blessings return to you. The Law of God that you have to give to receive.

Lesson 37
"My Holiness blesses the world.
This idea contains the first glimmerings of your true function in the world or why you are here. Your purpose is to see the world through your own holiness. Thus are you and the world blessed together."
will said…
Nicci,
If you don't mind sharing I would like to know how you practice forgiveness.
will said…
Catch-22’s

The course is loaded with these things. Typically, the catch begins with the word “YET”. For example: “You have but to ask for this memory (of God) and you will remember. YET the memory of God cannot shine in a mind that has obliterated it and wants to keep it so.” Then will come ‘You must decide…’ Usually this seems an impossible decision to make. I have been using the egos definition of deciding. When you go shopping you decide and buy something. An event.
In looking at the catches, the YET’s, they all seem to be pointing to the same thing. Jesus is telling us “Decision” is a process. Most of the time the process refers to the Holy Spirits Atonement as written in ACIM. The process of ACIM.
will said…
Re-booting the mind:

When practicing presence or the ‘Now’, the ego will immediately insert itself into what I am doing. Right away it becomes about quieting the ego. Conflict with the ego. Not good. That is just practicing that the ego is real and powerful.
I have been seeing myself as re-booting the mind. I’m not practicing something holy, I am only mind training Re-booting the mind. With a computer you just put the cursor over re-boot, click and your part is done.
Thinking of this in terms of mind training kind of takes the ego out of the picture.
will said…
Yet this illusion must be replaced by a corrective device; another illusion that replaces the first so both can finally disappear.” M.13.1.4-6

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom