Your Reality Is Your God

While meditating a couple of weeks ago I slipped over to the other side for a moment and knew God as Reality and I had this insight: All of this – the world, bodies, egos, etc. – is unnecessary. What I saw was how all this was an attempt to make another reality – to make another God. God already is and there is no need to make anything. All making is what gets in the way of knowing God is.

The fact that truth and illusion cannot be reconciled, no matter how you try, what means you use and where you see the problem, must be accepted if you would be saved. Until you have accepted this, you will attempt an endless list of goals you cannot reach; a senseless series of expenditures of time and effort, hopefulness and doubt, each one as futile as the one before, and failing as the next one surely will. (W-96.2)

When I experience God, it is an experience completely apart from the world. There is no relationship whatsoever between God and the world. This is liberation! But for years I refused the freedom this experience offered. I wouldn’t allow myself to be taught by the experience; instead I would interpret the experience through what I wanted to be real – the world and bodies and egos. I wanted the peace of God, but I also wanted the world. I wanted to reconcile these two “realities”. All I would allow from my experiences of God was the awareness that God exists and then I’d go back to the business of maintaining my sense of separation from God. I refused to accept that if God is All the world is nothing.

The form that this reconciling the irreconcilable took was to try to find the “right” way to live in the world; to try to form the “right” opinion in any given situation; to look for the “right” solutions to the world’s problems. I thought if I could just find the right formula of thoughts and attitudes I would have lasting health, happiness, prosperity and the perfect life-partner. I did all this thinking there was a way of aligning myself with God in the world. It was very exhausting, and for the ego’s benefit, very distracting and mind-consuming. I was so busy with the world and trying to find peace by being “right” that I would lose sight of God altogether and wonder where my peace went! I didn’t want to accept that as long as my goals were in the world, my goal couldn’t also be God. As long as the world was my reality, God could not be my Reality.

All other goals are at the cost of God. (S-1.III.6)

Recognizing that God and the world cannot be reconciled brings you to a whole other level of “I need do nothing”. God already is; so what is there to do? There is nothing that needs to be done. When you truly get this you become an empty vessel in which the Holy Spirit can reside, and then, within your mind, the world is brought to Truth and disappears into the nothingness from which it came.

>>>>
At
www.acimmentor.com find information on one-on-one mentoring, a free weekly telephone study group, study and practice aids, and answers-by-topic from this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom