Ask: How do I know it's the Holy Spirit?

“Lately, through spending much more time in meditation (not necessarily stillness!), I seem to be able to “drop into” a space of deep quiet and a new kind of being (knowing??) for brief periods of time. My question is this: What does the Holy Spirit ‘feel like’?  I would love to think I’m finally able to experience my own Teacher, but my mind (no surprise) kicks up a fuss and tells me this is just brain waves, nothing special, don’t be silly, etc. etc.  I do seem to get responses to sincere requests for clarity, answers to questions and so on, but again my mind tells me I am making everything up on my own.  How would I know the difference?” – MG

You have experienced the Holy Spirit (Awareness of Truth in your mind) in the quiet knowing you described as well as in the clarity and answers you received. You can trust this.

You know it is the Holy Spirit when you feel set free from confusion, guilt, and fear in their various forms. There’s a lifting and lightening. When it is the ego (personal thought system) confusion, guilt, and fear persist or get worse.

Just to clarify: It is not your mind that denies these experiences are the Holy Spirit. That is the ego, a thought system in your mind. Your mind is what is split between the Holy Spirit and the ego. The ego denies the Holy Spirit and then you – a split mind – doubt because you are used to listening to its counsel.

>>>>> 
Sorting out the Holy Spirit from the ego is one of the important things I help my clients discern. Email me at Liz@acimmentor.com to set up a telephone appointment. Learn more at www.acimmentor.com.


If you have a question the answer to which you think will help others, email it to me at Liz@acimmentor.com and indicate that you want it answered in the newsletter/blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom