Take the Course Door-to-Door?

If you point out the errors of your brother's ego you must be seeing through yours, because the Holy Spirit does not perceive his errors. This must be true, since there is no communication between the ego and the Holy Spirit. (T-9.III.3)

When we are first students of the Course many, if not all of us, want to “spread the word”. There are two motivations for this. One is seeing that others are in pain and wanting to offer them relief. The other is not wanting to accept that we are responsible for our own perceptions. The first error is one of looking out from ego and not seeing others as they really are; the second error is obviously responsible for the first. It is uncomfortable to accept we are responsible for our perceptions when we have invested so much in being a victim of a cruel world.

Once I read where a woman suggested taking the Course door-to-door. She apparently did not accept what the Course tells us is our only responsibility: To accept our Oneness with God for ourselves Moreover, the Course is not the only path to God. It says itself that it is one of thousands of forms of the universal lesson plan we all must learn to awaken. It is a very specific form of that plan. It is not for everyone. Those whom it is for will find it when they are ready for it. They hear or read about the Course one way or another. In any case, they are in the Holy Spirit’s Hands, as you are. Remind yourself of this whenever you look at someone and think they would benefit from the Course.

Remember that it does not matter where in the Sonship He is accepted. He is always accepted for all, and when your mind receives Him the remembrance of Him awakens throughout the Sonship. Heal your brothers simply by accepting God for them. (T-10.II.2)

www.acimmentor.com

Comments

eorlopp said…
This is really nicely put, and helps me somehow to look through my mistakes I made during my time at Endeavor Academy. And there is a 2nd thought in it, now I see that, how can I get myself out of Ego's harmful way to judge over my friends who are still at the Academy? Maybe I should talk to them first, but somehow I already feel they wouldn't listen, so just loving them?
ACIM Mentor said…
What I used to do is remind myself that others are walking their own path, that the Holy Spirit is with them (whether they choose to be aware of this or not), and that they are the Holy Spirit's responsibility, not mine. If this did not help me to let go of others then I knew whatever I was seeing in them was true of me. Then I would bring my own thoughts and feelings to the HS.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom