The "Separation" is Over

If you would keep a little space between you and your brother still, you then would want a little time in which forgiveness is withheld a little while. And this but makes the interval between the time in which forgiveness is withheld from you and given seem dangerous, with terror justified. (T-26.VIII.3)

Sometimes students tell me they think the world is going to hell in a hand-basket. They point to various convolutions going on in the world as proof of this. These students often preface their comments about the world with, “I know it’s an illusion, but…” Obviously they don’t know it’s an illusion or they would not be in the least concerned. Their real issue isn’t the world, but their lack of faith in God.

The instant the idea of separation entered the mind of God's Son, in that same instant was God's Answer given. In time this happened very long ago. In reality it never happened at all. (M-2.2)

The “separation” from God never happened. The instant separation was thought of it was corrected and laughed away. All we are doing in this world is “playing out” this correction. In time, it seems as though the separation happened in the past and the correction for it will happen in the future. But time itself is an illusion. So what is there to fear? The “end” is certain. You can experience it now in the holy instant. Your only responsibility is to accept this.

When you are tempted to get caught up in the world remember it is already over. You can let go of – forgive – whatever is appearing and be in the Presence of Peace right now.

Yet time waits upon forgiveness that the things of time may disappear because they have no use. (T-29.VI.2)

>>>>
View the archive for this blog by topic at
www.acimmentor.com.Now available at www.acimmentor.com: Understanding A Course in Miracles: A Quick Reference for Students.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A VERY COMFORTING DESCRIPTION OF THE TRUTH!!!
Truly my biggest problem is that I feel separated from God. I feel as though I’m out here on my own with no help at all. I can think & say logically that God is always with me and will never forsake me but I feel alone and scared a lot! I try to remedy these feelings by “living in the NOW”, because Now, I’m O.K.! Most of my fears comes from worrying about the future and regretting the past decisions I’ve made mainly concerning men & money. I feel so blessed to have my son, good physical and mental health. I don’t know what it’s going to take for me to totally eliminate worry and fear from my mind.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom