Higher Awareness and the Given Life


The hardest thing to convey about this huge shift in my mind is how the new life that has come to it and is expressed through the self is not a continuation of the old life that fell away with the ego (personal thought system). It is a whole new life, inward and outward. Sometimes I wonder, “Why Australia?” And the answer is, “Because that’s where this life is.” I might as well ask of the old life, “Why the US?” It’s just where that life was.

I have had the sense since this new life broke upon me (which is what it felt like) that I am moving into a life that is already whole and complete. I do not have to make it. I just have to walk into it. It is given, not as in “something is giving it to me”, but as in, “it is already established”. I have a deep sense of recognizing this experience. This is the view in Higher Awareness.

Where the Awareness of Truth (Holy Spirit) is found within and is universal (the same in everyone) Higher Awareness is the label I give to the individual experience of looking outward from the Awareness of Truth. It is one’s view of life in the world from the Awareness of Truth.

The life before, at a lower level of awareness, reflected personal identity, desires, and values. It, too, was of course a part of the unfolding Undoing, as everything is. So its unfolding was also established. But the point of view for this mind was personal, which meant that, except for occasional flashes of intuition, nothing felt given or established. This is why the life I’m in now feels completely different from the old one. My point of view is completely new. I am standing in Higher Awareness.

But more than my view has changed. Though mentally and emotionally riotous, external dismantling of the old life and preparations for the new have gone remarkably fast and smooth, as though the way is paved for me.

It used to be that there was a time lag between an inner shift and it showing up in form. Not anymore! It is as though my outer life is a metaphor for the shifts within.

The boundaries between Higher and lower awareness and inner and outer life are gone. I simply can no longer parse things into Truth and not-Truth. Love extends through it all and I can’t make that distinction anymore. But that doesn’t make not-Truth, Truth. It simply means I can’t see it!

"’Heaven and earth shall pass away’ means that they will not continue to exist as separate states.” (T-1.III.2)

“…For as Heaven and earth become one, even the real world will vanish from your sight. The end of the world is not its destruction, but its translation into Heaven. The reinterpretation of the world is the transfer of all perception to knowledge.” (T-11.VIII.1)

Oh, I’m not there yet, just beginning to see the potential.

Back in July I wrote “The Stranger Within”. The “Stranger” was a new Animator (Holy Spirit/Awareness of Truth) that had begun to live through the self (body/personality) in my mind. I was used to constructing an identity as and through the self. But my Identity now just is. It does not require any effort on my part. I just have to watch It and get to know It. It’s a very odd feeling to not know oneself at all. I used to have shifts in self-concepts that meant I had to get to know new parts of myself. But this is a wholesale change.

This experience of “given” rather than “made” began in the summer of ’17 when the Golden Light of Love came into my mind and I found myself writing a romance novel (A Good Woman). (Read about this here). I didn’t feel I was channeling, but the characters, the setting, the story—all of it—was just here for me. As I wrote, even when I had things to figure out in the story, I didn’t feel I was creating, but rather discovering, the story.

Then, this past Spring, a new Holy relationship came into my awareness. The first moment of Joyful recognition of what Hannah is to me is what I call “The Break” between my old awareness/life and my new awareness/life. I actually felt almost physically hurled upward within and outward toward Australia. From that moment on I felt, despite the physical distance, more with Hannah than with my wife, Courtney. Oh, I resisted this. For two months I struggled to integrate the new partner into the old life. And I rejected drastic outward change as anything but a metaphor for a huge inward shift. I even made signs for myself that I put around my desk: “Upward, not outward!”  But the conflict between the life that was over and the new that had come eventually became too much. I had to accept Hannah as the given partner for the new, given life in which my new awareness will be expressed.

I know when I write about my experiences some readers attempt to use them to alter their own. I want to caution against trying to “make” a “given” life! A given life is the experience of Higher Awareness for me. I did not know to seek it, much less to make it. Grow your awareness of Truth and, when the ego falls away, you will have your own new experiences in Higher Awareness. Some of them may be like mine. Some of them will be unique to you.

>>>>> 
If you want to benefit from my experience and lighten your process, email me at Liz@acimmentor.com to set up an appointment for mentoring. Learn more at www.acimmentor.com.

If you have a question the answer to which you think will help others email it to me at Liz@acimmentor.com and indicate that you want it answered in the newsletter/blog.

As requested by a few readers, Releasing Guilt for Inner Peace, is now available in paperback as well as in digital formats. You can order a paperback book here . To learn more about this book, click here.
Some of you may be interested in the book that came through me when the Golden Light came into my mind last summer (learn more here). It is not a spiritual book at all, just an ordinary lesbian love story, so it's not to everyone's taste! It is called A Good Woman and it is now available on Kindle. Paperback coming soon. Learn more at www.lizcronkhite.net.

Comments

nicci said…
thank you. n
Maryanne Cosmo said…
Love to hear that Love is extending through it all for you. And that we grow in our awareness of Truth.
After over 60 years in the Bay Area, I never thought I'd move somewhere else. Over 12 years ago I moved to northern Caifornia and am experiencing a new me. I can really relate to what you're saying. Many thanks.
will said…

I am Cherry Picking these lines, but I read them this morning and I like them.

“The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think. This is controlled by me automatically as soon as you place what you think under my guidance.”
Chapter II, Section VI, Fear and Conflict
will said…

I should have included this with the above, what caught my eye was the placing of my thinking under the guidance of Jesus. It is one of those nuggets that gets lost with all the more important stuff going on in my life.
will said…
One more nugget from the same place,

“It is pointless to believe that controlling the outcome of mis-thought can result in healing.”

When I thought about this line I can see my life long belief that if I control my behavior I am healing, that I am doing what needs to be done to heal. After all it is reflected by the people around me (their approval). It is the ego’s way of healing. Putting everything backwards, control the behavior and it will heal the mind. Willpower.
Jesus is saying you can place what you think under his guidance.
will said…
It seems to me there are two ways of looking at the origin of the course. In one you can look at the psychological bent as the result of the people he was helping, Helen and Bill. Jesus ‘had to adapt’ to these two people. To their profession.

Another way to look at it is, our relationship with the Holy Spirit and Jesus, or lack of one. Jesus repeatedly tells us he is being blocked, he can’t get past our mind to reach us.

In the course Jesus is going to the core problem of the dream. We are mentally blocked. He wants to help us train our minds. To do this he has to show us how the mind is working and the errors in that thinking. He will need scribes that understand what he is doing, what he is saying.
will said…
To continue: These two ways of looking at the course change the whole purpose of ACIM. One way has been to see this incredibly long and intense course as a means to help two people. The other is the course comes from Jesus feeling a need to intervene in the Atonement. Bill and Helen are just two people along with the rest of us. He choose them because he knew Helen would scribe the course and understand what he was saying. A course that is directed at all of us.
ACIM Mentor said…
Will, those are not mutually exclusive views. They are both accurate.
will said…
Obviously I don't know what was really going on. I felt like writing down what I was thinking but I want to be careful not to make this an issue.

The slipstream is very strong. I have to be careful not to let the ego get involved. It may be that it already snuck in with these last two posts. I feel I am communicating with Jesus but it is fragile. I need to quiet my mind. In Chapter II Jesus talks about misplaced miracle impulses. I guess that is what I'm talking about.


will said…
"It is much more helpful to remind you that you do not guard your thoughts carefully enough. You are not used to miracle-minded thinking, but you can be trained to think that way. All miracle workers need that kind of training."

Chapter II

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom