Trust and Commitment

Doubt is the result of conflicting wishes. Be sure of what you want, and doubt becomes impossible. (M-7.6)

It seems silly, doesn’t it, to turn everything over to the Holy Spirit and then worry about the future. Who, after all, knows better what I need to reach my goal of awakening? Not just spiritually, but in the world as well. The world is the classroom where I learn and teach, so of course what I need in the world will show up.


I have come to realize that my degree of trust in the Holy Spirit is in direct proportion to my commitment to my goal. What seem to be my doubts about the Holy Spirit really reflect my uncertainty about the value of the goal I seek. The Course emphasizes that means and end are one and the same. This is most obvious on a spiritual path. The Holy Spirit is the means, God is the end, and they are One and the Same. When I’m not sure I want God, I’m not sure I want to listen to the Holy Spirit. And so it seems my trust wavers, when it is really my commitment that is wavering.

www.acimmentor.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom