Living Forgiveness


True forgiveness, as A Course in Miracles teaches, is the recognition that nothing real is occurring in your perception that you are living in a world apart from Truth (God). Lately I’ve written about how two years ago I came to experience the self’s life as a play. The unfolding story before me is an extension of me. I am Author and character; Creator and creation. Well, I’m a little slow, but the other day it dawned on me: This is what “nothing real is occurring” feels like. I am living forgiveness.
The belief in guilt is the belief that Truth has been killed or attacked by not-Truth. It is the belief that there are two realities: Truth and Its opposite, not-Truth. To overcome guilt, I remembered my experiences of Truth in direct Revelation and in higher miracles. Both showed me that Truth is untouched by anything that seems to happen at the level of perception, therefore guilt has no basis. (I go into what guilt is, how to recognize it, and how to undo it in my book, Releasing Guilt for Inner Peace). Moreover, if Truth is untouched by not-Truth, not-Truth must be an illusion. There is only one Reality and It is Truth. This awareness has risen to my conscious awareness in this new experience that the self’s life does not have any more substance than a play.
I suspect this sense of being in a play is only in contrast to my previous experience of identifying with the self, living through it for fulfillment, feeling guilty for this as though I had defied a god, and taking this all so seriously. I suspect forgiveness will become my “new normal” in relation to the world.

“Awareness of dreaming is the real function of God's teachers. They watch the dream figures come and go, shift and change, suffer and die. Yet they are not deceived by what they see. They recognize that to behold a dream figure as sick and separate is no more real than to regard it as healthy and beautiful. Unity alone is not a thing of dreams. And it is this God's teachers acknowledge as behind the dream, beyond all seeming and yet surely theirs.” (M-12.6)

“You are the dreamer of the world of dreams. No other cause it has, nor ever will. Nothing more fearful than an idle dream has terrified God's Son, and made him think that he has lost his innocence, denied his Father, and made war upon himself. So fearful is the dream, so seeming real, he could not waken to reality without the sweat of terror and a scream of mortal fear, unless a gentler dream preceded his awaking, and allowed his calmer mind to welcome, not to fear, the Voice that calls with love to waken him; a gentler dream, in which his suffering was healed and where his brother was his friend. God willed he waken gently and with joy, and gave him means to waken without fear.
Accept the dream He gave instead of yours. It is not difficult to change a dream when once the dreamer has been recognized. Rest in the Holy Spirit, and allow His gentle dreams to take the place of those you dreamed in terror and in fear of death. He brings forgiving dreams, in which the choice is not who is the murderer and who shall be the victim. In the dreams He brings there is no murder and there is no death. The dream of guilt is fading from your sight, although your eyes are closed. A smile has come to lighten up your sleeping face. The sleep is peaceful now, for these are happy dreams.” (T-27.VII.13-14)

>>>>            
Do you want support and guidance undoing the guilt in your mind as you grow your awareness of Truth? Email me at Liz@acimmentor.com to set up an appointment for mentoring. Learn more at www.acimmentor.com.

Comments

Christine said…
Following up on last week's post: do you remember my sharing with you, Liz, how I was riding my horse years ago, 2014 or so...on a path in the woods and all of a sudden we disappeared and there was just light? Kind of like in "The Matrix":...it seemed to have lasted 5 or 6 seconds...I was kind of dismayed that this occurance didn't include trumpets, angels, deceased relatives (whom I loved)....but Nothing! A quiet peace, yes....bright restful nothingness. No "landmarks", no past or future people, places, or things to attach a story...at least my horse was with me! Wasn't scary at all.



Following up on what Christine posted, I would have to say that my “expectations” of what awakening from the dream should be like, or look like, only delayed IT from occurring. Those “expectations” had to be let go of too. I read and heard enough “awakening stories” to figure out that each awakening was as different as the person telling it.
Deb said…
A memory . . . Mom would often sing,
"make the world go away" as the amway salesman comes knocking. My song today, as the world keeps knocking, "make the world go away, and get it off my shoulders", a song of forgiveness. . .

"Do you remember when you loved me
Before the world took me away
If you do, then forgive me
And make the world go away."

Somehow singing this song, hearing Mom's voice, the seriousness of it all falls away.

Light & laughter.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom