The Essential Holy Instant

The holy instant is the Holy Spirit's most useful learning device for teaching you love's meaning. (T-15.V.1)

For the holy instant reaches to eternity, and to the Mind of God. And it is only there love has meaning, and only there can it be understood. (T-15.V.11)

The holy instant and the holy relationship are the two “tools” the Course offers to you to use on behalf of awakening. They are the same experience, in that the holy relationship is the expression of the Oneness with God you experience in the holy instant.

Ultimately, there is only one holy instant – the instant of awakening. But until you are ready for that, you can experience the holy instant in time whenever you choose. This is essential for you to understand what awakening will mean. The holy instant is a glimpse into Truth, a little trip to Heaven nestled within time. Without this experience, you will fear that God and Heaven are frightening, alien experiences. You need the holy instant to remind you they are not.

The Holy Spirit is in charge of the holy instant. You can go within and invite the holy instant whenever you want, but the Holy Spirit will recognize when you are ready to experience it. Remember the last 5 lessons in the Workbook:

This holy instant would I give to You.
Be You in charge. For I would follow You,
Certain that Your direction gives me peace.

(Lessons 361-365)


www.acimmentor.com
To receive this blog in your email contact me at Liz@acimmentor.com

Comments

carrie genevachild said…
I understand the Holy Instant because I experienced it long before I became a student of the Course. For me, that experience was a glimpse into Truth.
Anonymous said…
Thank you, and very true, when mine happened images like Ecstasy of Saint Teresa really resonated with me and people that have had near death experiences experiencing a Love and Peace unlike anything they've experienced on Earth, there was a scene in the movie Contact where Jodie Foster's character went past the nebulae on her trip and felt such humility in seeing that that she cried and said "No words, they should've sent an artist" I trust in "God" for everything now because of my Experience.
Paula said…
Liz, I think that the highest holy instant I have experienced so far has been a complete unawareness of anything. And thinking about it now, I guess that it was like that because I didn't need to be aware of anything. I was simply swept up and serene. That's probably the best way that I can explain it.
ACIM Mentor said…
Yes, Paula, that sounds like a higher miracle.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom