Coming Out Spiritually

The Holy Spirit, as always, takes what you have made and translates it into a learning device. (T-6.V.A.2)

Your Holy Spirit will use what you have made – this worldly life – to help you awaken from it. Sometimes that can be through parallel experiences that can serve almost as a metaphor for spiritual awakening.

When I was first a student of the Course I was struck by how the process of awakening to my True Identity was much like what I had just gone through awakening to my lesbian identity: The deep denial of the truth of my nature despite experiences that should have made it obvious to me; the growing awareness that I’m not who I’m trying to be; the shock as the truth fully dawns; the acceptance, as I look back over my experiences, that the truth has always been here.

The awareness of how deeply I could deny my own identity made me afraid of what else I might be denying. As I dug around within my mind I had a vague and uncomfortable feeling that there was something much bigger than my sexual orientation that I was hiding. So I embarked on a psycho-spiritual path that eventually brought me to A Course in Miracles as a means to awaken to my True Identity.

Awakening to my sexuality was not awakening to Truth, but the process did serve as a template for awakening spiritually. Because the process was familiar to me, it was easier. I was not as shocked or resistant to the awareness I am Something I have been denying because I had been there before – though on a much smaller scale!

Have you had experiences in the world that, though unreal in themselves, have served to make the process of your awakening easier?


www.acimmentor.com
To receive this blog in your email contact me at Liz@acimmentor.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom