Doing Nothing to Save Time

Save time for me by only this one preparation, and practice doing nothing else. "I need do nothing" is a statement of allegiance, a truly undivided loyalty. Believe it for just one instant, and you will accomplish more than is given to a century of contemplation, or of struggle against temptation. (T-18.VII.6)

When I led a study group, nothing would send my students scurrying quite like the idea in Chapter 18, part VII “I need do nothing”. They would panic: “You mean I have to just sit all day and do nothing? But I have to work! I have a life, a career, a family!”

The beauty of the Course is it is meant to be a shortcut to awakening that is used now, right where you are. You can practice in an instant what others have spent lifetimes practicing and achieve the same results.


The holy instant is a moment of doing nothing. All doing is of the body/ego. In the holy instant you step out of time and into timelessness to remember Who you are. You then return to the world with a changed mind. You can step out again at any time. You will never return the same, and the world will never be as valuable to you again. This is essential to awakening from the dream of separation from your Self. And in this way you take a speedier path Home.

www.acimmentor.com
To receive this blog in your email contact me at Liz@acimmentor.com

Comments

carrie genevachild said…
Liz wrote: "The holy instant is a moment of doing nothing. All doing is of the body/ego. In the holy instant you step out of time and into timelessness to remember Who you are. You then return to the world with a changed mind. You can step out again at any time. You will never return the same, and the world will never be as valuable to you again. This is essential to awakening from the dream of separation from your Self. And in this way you take a speedier path Home."

I have experienced stepping out of time and into eternity. And I did return with a changed mind.

Popular posts from this blog

Ask: What is meant by "extend Love"?

If the World Isn't Real, Why Ask For Guidance?

More on Emotional Satisfaction or Freedom